Sunday, December 28, 2014

En Theos Iasm

The day after Christmas, Anton, Kayla and I got to tour Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse with Ayla. It was nice to be able to see where you worked, learn about what you do there and see your enthusiasm for the job and the challenges it provides you. I know as soon as I was typing the word "enthusiasm" that Ayla was thinking about the root meaning of the word, "en theos" which means "in God." Ayla learned this in a sermon from last Sunday at her church and subsequently shared that with me. To have enthusiasm for something you have great interest in it. Our Father created us with our different talents and interests. I believe when we follow through with those talents and work at them with our whole heart, we are glorifying the Lord.

You both have great talent, interestingly both in the food industry. You are not just good at what you do, you are excellent. The Father has gifted you with those talents. We pray you will continue to utilize them, not just as your meal ticket, but as a method to be a blessing to others ... whether through the gifting of your time and talent or through reaching others in Christ through love at your personal mission field right where you work. And understand that the Lord may take you both in different directions with those talents, or may show you talents you didn't even know you have. Or pull you out of your comfort zone completely to a place where His amazingness shines through you.

We pray your enthusiasm for anything is evident to all. Colossians 3:23 says, "Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for me." The Father gifted me with the ability to write. And I do it to His glory, and I do it enthusiastically. I have also been a worship leader and photographer, neither of which I feel I was overly talented for, but did all I could to glorify the Father through. Whatever the two of you do, do it with enthusiasm and do it for His glory. We will be cheering you both on, excited to see where our Father leads you.

Discussion: How is the Lord using your talents for His glory? Can you share a time where you found you had a talent you didn't know about and where you went with it?

Prayer: Thank you, Lord for the talents you have given us. May be a blessing to others with what you have gifted us with. Help us to do all enthusiastically in, through and to you. In Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment