Monday, May 11, 2015

Making Sense

"I love her," Ellis says to his father, William, about his girlfriend, Jenny (aka Adaline), in the movie The Age of Adaline.
"How do you know?" his father, played by Harrison Ford, asks.
"Because nothing makes sense without her."

It's a climactic scene in the movie that I watched with my mother, Anton and Kayla yesterday. A sweet love story with a bit of a twist, the words Ellis speaks on how he knows he loves Adaline/Jenny is pretty universal. I told both my children they would know they were in love when apart from their beloved their hearts would ache. Sure enough they both found people they feel that about. When I asked Anton how he was going to handle being away from Kayla when she was down at Troy now that he's graduated, he said, "We're not going to talk about that right now." He doesn't even want to think about it.

I have to say, while watching the love story in the movie unfold, I immediately began thinking about Brad ... how much I love him. Nearly 28-years later and I am still unbelievably in love with him. This is what we want for you. That your love story never ends. That any time you are apart, that you ache to be back together again. And that everything makes more sense because you are with your beloved.

"I am my beloved and my beloved is mine." (Song of Solomon 6:3) Praying as your hearts are intertwined with each other now and become so even more deeply in your marriage, that the feeling of connectedness and "making sense" grows ever stronger, more beautiful and fulfilling.

Discussion: How do you know you are in love? What makes sense now that you are with your beloved?

Prayer: My Lord God, we thank you for our betrothed. We thank you for fashioning them into the soul our hearts love. Lord, help us keep that connection to one another, that passion for one another in our relationship. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment